AS For People With Mental Health Problems

Es ist nur ein Lesezugriff möglich.

Moderatoren: Ludwig A. Minelli, Mediator

Gesperrt
meezursrule

AS For People With Mental Health Problems

Beitrag von meezursrule »

Hi,

Please excuse me for posting in English, unfortunately it is the only language that I speak.

I have been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder and Atypical Dysthymia. Over the years I have had counselling from the UK NHS and private counsellors, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and I am coming to the end of a year of Dialectical Behavioural Therapy.

I do not wish to keep living. This wish has been with me for years and I felt that I should try every form of psychotherapy etc that I could access in order to change myself before using the solution of ending my life. I feel as though I have now done this, with no change, much though I want change in the form of being able to enjoy and want life.

I telephoned Dignitas a few years ago and was told that at that time they were not able to assist people from outside Switzerland. I telephoned again about a year ago and was told that they are helping non-Swiss nationals, but unfortunately whilst they are willing to help people who are suicidal due to mental health issues, there are no Swiss psychiatrists who would be willing to prepare the necessary reports or physicians who would prescribe the necessary medication. Is this still the case today?

On checking through the English part of the Dignitas site, it seems that helium has been used to assist people recently. Could this be used for a non-Swiss national with mental health issues? Whilst I have on-going dysthymia, I am not in an episode of major depression. If I approach the psychiatrist/mental health nurse or therapist I see in the UK to ask them to prepare a report for Dignitas, they would be very very unlikely to do so as it would be seen by them as unethical. I can request copies of my medical records (without saying why!) and could provide these, would this be sufficient for Dignitas?

And finally, assuming that it would be possible for Dignitas to provide AS, how much would it cost ?

With thanks if you are willing to assist with answers to the above queries,

Kind Regards

Meezie
gordon79

Re: AS For People With Mental Health Problems

Beitrag von gordon79 »

Hi,

I am considering a method which is a combination of strong sleeping pills (such as rohypnol or maybe xanax or valium in your case), chloroform and a plasic bag over your head. another way would be to just find some really cold lake in winter and again a major heap of sleeping pills and staring into a cold christmas night from inside a cold lake while your body tempreature slowly reache a lethal level.

best wishes

gordon
TiredofSuffering

Beitrag von TiredofSuffering »

Hi Everyone,

I'm from the US and this my first post on the forum. I've been dealing with similar mental health issues as Meezie and been suffering from O.C.D, depression and panic disorder for a quarter of a century and I'm 39 yrs old. I've also tried every antidepressant on the market, several antipsychotics, which have intolerable side effects, and all kinds of therapy throughout the years.

I contacted Dignitas on two separate occasions; the first time in 2007 and then again in 2009. Both times I was turned down for a review because of my mental illness as well. I'm getting so frustrated with all this red tape that I've already considered suicide by my own hands.

Touched wrote:
"The legal situation concerning the prescription of a deadly dose of sodium pentobarbital for people with mental health issues hasn't changed so far".

Hasn't changed in what way? Are those with mental illness allowed to take pentobarbital or only the helium method?

Also, are there any other countries like Holland or Luxemburg that would accept foreigners with chronic mental illness who want assisted suicide since I heard the waiting list for Dignitas can be rather long.
Balduin

Beitrag von Balduin »

Hi,

according to our recent discussion in this forum, you will hardly find any legal source in Western Europe for receiving Pentobarbital. Illegal sources may be found in other parts of Europe, in America or in Asia. One newspaper article from Perth, Australia, described Australians heading to Thailand to provide themselves with the suicidal drug they are looking for.
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cheap-f ... 5843186159

Might be worth considering to travel to Thailand and to take one's life down there before going back with the risk to have legal trouble when the customs figures out that you have drugs in your luggage which is illegal according to U.S. law.

As for me, after several trips to Thailand, I take it very well possible that spending a reasonable amount of money some local person can be found to provide a form of assisted suicide.

One internet article (which I read some years ago) stated the method of assisted suicide using helium a frequent method in the U.S., including persons who help and take away the equipment plus family members and a medical doctor involved. A good method for a "soft suicide". Helium is virtually not able to being detected post-mortem.

A suicide organization in the Netherlands emphasized that, according to Dutch law, an assisted suicide can only be provided to Dutch nationals.
Balduin

Beitrag von Balduin »

http://exitinternational.net/

Peru and mainland China are recommended by Dr. Nitschke to buy Nembutal. The situation in Mexico is described to have become difficult, and in Thailand it seems to depend on the region if a pharmacy sells Nembutal without description.

The director of Exit International Dr Nitschke said that the NZ Exit Workshops scheduled for Wellington and Auckland this coming weekend would give new Zealanders the first chance to see some of the newest developments enabling a peaceful and reliable elective death. Dr Nitschke returns to New Zealand following an extended visit to Mexico this month. Mexico had been considered to be the most accessible place for people to obtain the premier euthanasia drug Nembutal.

At the workshops Dr Nitschke will explain that the Mexican situation has changed, and visits to this country to seek out this drug are now much less likely to be successful. “What we found was that other overseas countries are now the most reliable providers of Nembutal. In particular, Peru and more recently mainland China, have now become the premier suppliers. In addition, Exit will take the opportunity to release in NZ, the Exit ‘Betty Bag’ Kits that enable people to fabricate a bag that, when used with an inert gas, will give them a peaceful, fast, reliable, undetectable and totally legal death.
Gesperrt